1:1 Autism Support Assistant
|Location:||Leeds, Yorkshire and the Humber LS5 UK|
|Salary||£300 to £325 per Week|
1:1 Autism Support Assistant
Are you a recent Psychology, Educational Studies or Counselling graduate with a passion for your degree subject and intent on utilising your subject knowledge in a long teaching career beginning as a 1:1 Autism Support Assistant?
Do you have the necessary knowledge and attributes to help Autistic students perform to their best ability inside of what may be an unfamiliar and uncomfortable environment for the student?
Would you benefit from working with an array of talented and experienced SEN staff department members, intent on creating a warm and inclusive school environment for the schools additional behavioural needs students?
This inclusive and forward thinking Secondary School in the heart of Leeds is looking to acquire a passionate and dedicated Psychology, Educational Studies or Counselling graduate to be a vital member of their SEN department as a 1:1 Autism Support Assistant, offering the best academic and emotional support to their autistic students. Interested in this role? Read on for more information and what you may need to apply!
1:1 Autism Support Assistant – Job Overview:
- Working alongside supportive and dedicated SEN department offering best academic support to the schools Autistic students
- Designing specifically structured sessions to improve weak points in students’ academic ability as 1:1 Autism Support Assistant
- Displaying and utilising degree subject knowledge to help keep student focused and motivated to complete tasks
- Brilliant prior experience before progressing into teacher training scheme
- Opportunity to test teaching techniques and methods
- Unique and key staff role
- Paid £300-£325 per week, term time only as 1:1 Autism Support Assistant
- Immediate Start
Information about the School:
- Warm and inclusive secondary school environment
- Passionate and dedicated SEN department
- Range of experienced teachers inside SEN department
- Under the guidance of supportive and talented SENCO
- Innovative and inspiring Senior Leadership Team
- Ambition to offer all students best possible academic and emotional support
- Number of accessible public transport links
- Commutable from across Leeds and surrounding areas
What do I need to apply?
- Minimum 2:1 Psychology, Educational Studies or Counselling degree
- Passion and motivation to work with students who have additional behavioural needs
- Extensive and effective degree subject knowledge
- Brilliant communication skills
- Fantastic organisation and admin skills
- Ability to react positively and effectively in challenging situations
- Patient and understanding attitude
- Be key member of exceptional SEN staff department
To apply for this unique and exemplary role inside of a warm and inclusive secondary school, either press the ‘Click Apply!’ button below, or contact Amy at i-teachers for a friendly and confidential chat!