1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant
|Location:||Manchester, North West England M40 UK|
|Salary||£300 to £325 per Week|
1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant – Manchester – September start – Paid up to £325 per week
Are you a recent graduate who is passionate about supporting children overcome barriers to learning?
Have you spent time throughout university volunteering as a befriender, mentor or any other role and would like to continue using your expert SEN knowledge?
This 1:1 support role is ideal for a graduate who is keen to build upon their existing SEN experience within a school based setting, whilst being paid and supported by the school for the full academic year!
1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant – Graduate Teaching Assistant
- 1:1 Support for children with additional needs (ASC, ADHD, Behaviour)
- Supportive Primary School in Manchester
- Graduate role – ideal for a Psychology graduate
- Fantastic experience for future Educational Psychologists/Teachers
- Paid up to £325 per week
- Long term, full-time role (term time only) starting September
- Some foundation training available
- Apply ASAP – interviews in September
Requirements – SEN Teaching Assistant
- Degree 2:1 or above (Core Subject or Psychology degrees preferred)
- Some previous experience of working with children
- Knowledge of SEN/Developmental Disorders
This forward thinking, inclusive primary school is looking to interview in September for a graduate to with a real passion for SEN to work as a 1:1 teaching assistant!
About the role – SEN Teaching Assistant
In this role you will be supporting a child who has a specialist Education Health Care Plan. He is on the Autistic Spectrum and has difficulty communicating with his peers and teachers. This role involves possessing excellent communication skills to ensure the little boy is given strategies and techniques to express his feelings. This may involve activities such as social stories, PECS and Makaton. Do not worry if you haven’t used these strategies before as you will be fully trained by the experienced SENCo.
The school is a successful one with good leadership and Ofsted have commented how the behaviour at the school is good. It’s also really easy to get to being just a few minutes from major public transport links from central Manchester.
So, if you are looking to build your experience in a truly rewarding role, please get in touch right away.
Please contact Holly at i-teachers for more information and/or send your CV today.