|Location:||Southwark, Southwark SE17 UK|
|Salary||£90 to £94 per Day|
Are you an aspiring secondary school teacher and interested in working for a school that will support your teacher training?
Maybe you already have prior experience tutoring or peer mentoring?
Do you have the ability to motivate and inspire pupils to thrive at the subject you will support them with?
This thriving and welcoming secondary school in Southwark are looking for a talented graduate to join their tutoring team for ASAP. The Academic Mentor role is perfect for a graduate that is considering a future career as a secondary school teacher, as by the end of the placement you may be offered a place to return as a trainee teacher.
We would particularly love to hear from English, Science, and Maths graduates, as core subject tutoring/mentoring is the focus at the school.
If you would love to be considered for the role of Academic Mentor, send your CV to Hollie at i-teachers today!
Academic Mentor – Role Description
- Academic Mentor – graduate or experienced tutor role
- Long-term role, until July 2022
- Full-time position, Mon – Fri
- Paid graduate placement £90 – £95 per day
- Tutor/Mentor students on a 1:1 basis in Maths, English, or Science
- Run group intervention-based sessions for students struggling with the curriculum
- Work with a fantastic team of tutors
- Act as a strong role model for students
- Liaise with class teachers/SLT on student progress
- Shortlisting for role now, September 2022 start date!
Academic Mentor – Experience and Qualifications
- Academic Mentor
- 2:1 grade in any core subject
- Other subjects welcome to apply, but must be comfortable with supporting core subjects at secondary level
- Good A-Levels
- Prior experience tutoring children or students would be advantageous
- Aspirations to become a secondary school teacher
- Passion for teaching
Academic Mentor – School Description
- Academic Mentor
- Based in Southwark, SE17
- Great transport links, close by to Elephant and Castle station
- Thriving and welcoming secondary school
- Enriched curriculum
- Passionate and caring teaching staff
- Supportive SLT who are engaged with the tutoring scheme
- Unique tutoring area where students have tuition sessions
Click “Apply” today to register your interest for the Academic Mentor role! We will be in touch with 2-4 working days if shortlisted.