Behaviour Teaching Assistant
|Location:||Leeds, Yorkshire and the Humber LS12 UK|
|Salary||£300 to £325 per Week|
Behaviour Teaching Assistant
Are you a recent Psychology, Educational Studies or Counselling graduate passionate about your degree subject and wanting to put your knowledge and techniques to the test inside a warm and inclusive Secondary School as a Behaviour Teaching Assistant?
Do you believe you have the necessary motivation to work alongside a number of talented and experienced SEN staff members, offering the best academic and emotional support to children with additional behavioural needs?
Would you benefit from nurturing and enhancing your teaching skills and attributes inside a challenging yet inclusive secondary school, in a variety of different scenarios as a Behaviour Teaching Assistant?
This inclusive and supportive Secondary School in the heart of Leeds is looking to acquire a passionate and enthusiastic Psychology related degree graduate, with the intent of being a key member of a dedicated SEN staff department able to deal with challenging scenarios and improving the school life of additional behavioural needs children.
Behaviour Teaching Assistant – Job Overview:
- Working alongside a dedicated and supportive SEN staff department offering the best academic and emotional support to children with additional behavioural needs
- Helping to control and defuse challenging scenarios involving the schools children with additional behavioural needs
- Display and utilising your learned techniques and subject knowledge to make a positive impact across the school spectrum
- Analysing and transferring various techniques and methods from experienced SEN staff members to further your teaching ability
- Working with a variety of behavioural types
- Under the guidance and support of a brilliant SENCO
- Paid £300-£325 per week, term time only as a Behaviour Teaching Assistant
- Immediate Start!
Information about the role:
In this unique and specialist role inside a challenging yet inclusive Secondary School, you will be working alongside a dedicated and enthusiastic SEN staff department offering the best emotional support to students with additional behavioural needs, helping them to set foundations and targets which allow them to achieve to their full potential inside of the school environment. You will be required to help diffuse and calm any challenging situations involving the schools additional behavioural needs children should any arise, and display your learned techniques and degree subject knowledge when doing so.
Information about the school:
- Prides itself on offering every individual student the best chance at achieving a brilliant education
- Acquires the most dedicated and talented staff members to do so
- Number of purposely built facilities and resources to offer the students the best education possible, as well as allowing them to find their passion
- Offers a range of extracurricular activities
- Valued members of their local community
- Number of accessible public transport links
- Commutable from around Leeds and surrounding areas
What do I need to apply?
- Minimum 2:1 Psychology, Education Studies or Counselling degree
- Passion and motivation for the subject
- Wanting to help the academic and emotional ability of additional behavioural needs children
- Ability to communicate appropriately and calmly to students
- Able to keep them focused and motivated when studying
- Able to diffuse and calm challenging scenarios involving students with additional behavioural needs
- Understanding and caring attitude towards the child’s needs
How do I apply?
To apply for this unique and vital role inside a challenging secondary school you can either press the ‘Click Apply!’ button below, or alternatively contact Amy at I-teachers for more information about the role!