Behaviour Teaching Assistant
|Location:||Leeds, Yorkshire and the Humber UK|
|Salary||£300 to £325 per Week|
Behaviour Teaching Assistant
Behaviour Teaching Assistant – Secondary School – Leeds LS4
Are you a recent Psychology related graduate, intent on beginning your secondary school teaching career inside a dedicated and supportive secondary school as a Behaviour Teaching Assistant?
Do you feel that you have the necessary teaching skills and degree subject knowledge to deal with challenging situations, educating and developing the emotional ability of additional behavioural needs students?
Would you benefit from a years paid experience working alongside a passionate and supportive SEN department, learning new skills and techniques to utilise in offering the best support possible to additional behavioural needs students as a Behaviour Teaching Assistant?
This motivational and dedicated secondary school in the heart of Bradford is offering a recent Psychology graduate the opportunity to be a valuable member of their SEN staff department, offering support and guidance to additional behavioural needs students, giving them the best opportunity of a brilliant education inside a safe and secure school environment.
Behaviour Teaching Assistant –
- Work inside a warm and supportive secondary school
- Under the guidance of a supportive and motivational SENCO
- Follow carefully developed and selected individual care plans
- Ability to use techniques and subject knowledge as Behaviour Teaching Assistant
- Possibility of progressing into PGCE/Teacher training
- Gain invaluable teaching knowledge from other staff members
- Working under inspiring Senior Leadership Team
Role Specification –
- Offering support to additional behavioural needs children throughout school day
- Using teaching techniques and methods to defuse challenging situations
- Allowing students to express issues with curriculum or personal problems
- Organising and conducting own 1:1 sessions to students with additional behavioural needs
Role Requirements –
- Minimum 2:1 Psychology related degree
- Array of teaching techniques and methods
- Brilliant degree subject knowledge
- Passionate and motivated to begin teaching career
- Enthusiastic about supporting education of additional behavioural needs students
The School itself has a number of wonderful SEN department staff, from a variety of backgrounds intent on developing and nurturing their techniques to offer the best possible academic and emotional support to students within the school. They also offer a range of facilities and resources allowing students to remain calm during challenging situations, to stay focused on their education.
Commutable areas to the school include – Beeston, Boston Spa, Garforth, Guiseley, New Farnley, Otley Oulton etc.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and attributes to help offer the best possible academic and emotional support to students with additional behavioural needs inside a warm and supportive secondary school as a Behaviour Teaching Assistant, then contact Amy at I-teachers, or Click Apply!