|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire LS9 UK|
|Salary||£20000 to £27000 per Annum|
Caretaker – Permanent position – June 2023 – Leeds
Are you currently a caretaker looking for a new challenge?
Do you take pride in making sure schools are a safe and well-maintained environment for students to attend?
If you’re a helpful and dedicated individual this caretaker role in a brilliant Primary School could be perfect for you!
Caretaker – The role:
- Opening and locking the school building and grounds including gates
- Ensuring that the building and grounds are safe and secure for teaching and learning to take place
- Porterage duties. Receiving deliveries, moving, and putting deliveries away. Collecting rubbish and taking it to the bin store
- Setting up rooms/halls for school activities to take place, e.g. parents’ meetings, sports clubs
- Grounds duties, including littering picking, sweeping, strimming, emptying external bins
- Undertaking minor repairs and improvements, including, but not limited to redecorating, changing light bulbs, unblocking drains, minor plumbing, erecting shelves and notice boards
- Undertaking cleaning duties such as graffiti removal, litter-picking, refreshing pupil toilets, cleaning the hall floors after lunch
Caretaker – Person Specification:
- 2:1 degree or above desired but not essential
- Must be friendly, professional, positive, and hardworking, positive, proactive, and practical
- Able to provide outstanding customer service to our pupils and their families, visitors, and colleagues.
- Able to take pride in their work and pay particular attention to detail
- an excellent problem solver who is able to use their own initiative to complete tasks
- Able to take responsibility for being a key holder of the school building and grounds. This involves opening up the site each morning and preparing the building for teaching and learning to take place
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
Click ‘apply now’ and send your CV to Demi at i-teachers today to apply for this Caretaker role Demi will be in contact within 2-4 working days if shortlisted.