EAL Teaching Assistant
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire LS9 UK|
|Salary||£300 to £350 per Week|
EAL Teaching Assistant
This ambitious secondary school are on the lookout for an EAL Teaching Assistant to join their growing team in September and you may be the ideal candidate!
Have you got experience working with young people who don’t share your first language?
Perhaps you’ve taught English abroad as part of your UK degree and are looking for some more classroom exposure?
Are you passionate about providing an inclusive learning environment? Look no further!
The leadership team and wider school community focus on providing a dynamic environment where students can exceed their potential and develop a strong community ethos. Diversity and responsibility are fundamental values at this thriving school.
EAL Teaching Assistant– key information
- EAL Teaching Assistant– based in Bradford
- Good transport links to Southbury
- £300 – £350 per week
- Full-time role with school hours during term-time
- September start date
EAL Teaching Assistant– the role
- EAL Teaching Assistant
- Work with low-ability EAL students across the secondary curriculum
- Promote inclusion for designated students
- Invaluable classroom experience opportunity
- Identify and prevent barriers to student progress
- Provide personalised learning material
- Support student access to extra-curricular activities
- Shortlisting now!
EAL Teaching Assistant– person specification
- 2:1 degree or above
- Strong academic background
- Passion for education
- Coaching experience is desirable
- Able to use initiative to work independently
- Creative learning approach as an EAL Teaching Assistant
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
As part of i-teachers’ commitment to providing the best possible experience for our graduates, we also offer free CPD courses whilst in the role. There are a range of options to choose from to help develop your understanding of the EAL Teaching Assistant role.
At i-teachers, we also offer our tailored ‘Step into Teaching’ programme which equips our graduates with support, training and confidence throughout their journey with us. All our roles are long-term which enables you to make as much impact as possible! This EAL Teaching Assistant role would be the perfect opportunity to gain vital experience ahead of a rewarding career in teaching English or SEN.
The school are shortlisting now for this EAL Teaching Assistant position. Don’t miss out! Click ‘apply now’ to register your interest and send your CV across to Demi at i-teachers.