English Academic Mentor Schools Direct – Greenwich
|Salary||GBPup to £325 per week (after deductions)|
English Academic Mentor –Schools Direct – Greenwich
Have you graduated with a degree in English and looking for a vocation that will allow you to pass on your knowledge as well make a real difference?
Perhaps you have considered teaching and need essential school experience prior to committing to further training?
Would the idea of working in a supportive and collaborative school, who are a revered teacher training provider, be music to your ears?
English Academic Mentor:
- Graduate role providing academic support to KS3 & KS4 students
- Required: English degree (or related field) with a result of 2:1 or higher
- Opportunities to lead your own 1:1 sessions and small group work
- Opportunities to run GCSE clubs and booster programmes
- Full support and development plan in place to nurture your progression
- Schools Direct routes available from 2019
- Candidates are currently being shortlisted
- Continuously graded as a “Good” school (Ofsted)
- Above average GCSE results in English & Humanities (2017)
- Exceptional extra-curricular programme
- Supportive network
- High parent engagement
- Excellent facilities and resources
- Great local transport network
This lovely Greenwich secondary school are ever expanding due to increasing popularity. They require further support in their English department in order to maintain their excellent results record. The school are ambitious in their goal to achieve even higher results this academic year and so require an ambitious and academic graduate to support their students.
You will need to have an in depth understanding of your degree subject and a desire to work in education, as well as being highly personable and capable of communicating effectively. Due to the variety in age and aptitude in the school, you must be able to adapt your communication style to meet varying needs.
Click ‘Apply Now’ to send your CV to Kimberley at i-teachers.