English Graduate Academic Mentor
|Location:||Southwark, Southwark SE17 UK|
|Salary||£350 to £450 per Week|
English Graduate Academic Mentor –
Are you considering a future in teaching but want to gain in-school experience before committing to a teaching qualification?
The role runs from September 2021 to July 2022 and is full-time, Monday to Friday.
You will have a timetable of mentoring sessions each week, and some free periods.
If you would like to register your interest for this role, please click ‘apply’ and submit your CV.
English Graduate Academic Mentor – the school –
- Secondary School, ages 11-18-years of age
- Nurturing environment for young learners
- Allow pupils to have some autonomy over courses they take as they believe pupils should have some choice over their learning
- Have created an Academic Mentor programme to benefit pupils progressing from Year 9 to 10 and Year 10 to 11
- Located in Southwark
- Great transport links
- Supportive, welcoming staff body
English Graduate Academic Mentor – the role –
- Work with Year 9 and 10 pupils
- Provide 1:1 and small group sessions
- Discuss any academic challenges they may experience
- Provide students with academic guidance and feedback on students’ progress and performance
- Refer students, as necessary, to the appropriate support services within the School regarding non-academic issues
- Comment on and provide general assessment of students’ progression to their teachers
- Work closely with teachers to ensure pupils feel supported in and out of the classroom
- Adapt your teaching style to match the pupils’ academic levels
- Discuss what the pupil can do outside of the Mentor sessions to ensure they continue to improve outside of sessions
- Ensure you take notes during mentor sessions in order to follow up after with teachers on what the pupils are struggling with
- £350-£450 per week, term time only
English Graduate Academic Mentor – the essentials –
- 1st or 2:1 in an English degree
- Passion for supporting young learners
- Tutoring/teaching assistant experience is desired but not essential
If you have an English degree and a passion for supporting young learners, this English Graduate Academic Mentor could be the role for you.
If you would like to register your interest then please send in your CV.
About i-teachers –
i-teachers are different from almost all other agencies as we do not cater for day to day supply. We only look to place you in long term, mutually fulfilling roles, with suitable schools based on your own goals and preferences.
This far more specialised, empathetic and consultative approach has led us to be the most highly rated Education Recruitment Company in the UK on Trustpilot. We are very proud of this 5* achievement!