English Graduate Academic Mentor
|Location:||Southwark, Southwark SE1 UK|
|Salary||£350 to £450 per Week|
English Graduate Academic Mentor –
Are you considering becoming an English Teacher in the future?
Perhaps you are hoping to start your PGCE in September 2022 but want to gain more experience beforehand?
Would a role as an English Graduate Academic Mentor give you the experience you want to gain before starting your teaching qualification?
This school in Southwark is looking for an English graduate to work as an academic mentor. If this role sounds interesting, please click ‘apply’ and send your CV today.
English Graduate Academic Mentor – the important information –
- This school in Southwark are looking for an English Graduate to work as an English Graduate Academic Mentor
- You will need a 1st or 2:1 in an English related degree. Having tutoring experience is not essential but is desirable
- You will be working with Year 9 and 10 pupils in 1:1 and small group sessions
- For each session you will need to plan how you will teach the topic, discuss any challenges the pupils feel regarding the topic and then work through the information with the pupils, ensuring that by the end of the session, they have gained a better understanding
- You must ensure you are changing your teaching style to match the pupils’ academic level
- During the mentoring sessions you must make note of what the pupils are struggling with in order to report back to their teachers
- The role is full-time, Monday to Friday and the pay is £350-450 per week, term time only
If you would like to register your interest for this English Graduate Academic Mentor role, then please send in your CV.
English Graduate Academic Mentor – the school –
- Secondary School, ages 11-18-years of age
- Nurturing environment for young learners
- Have an Academic Mentor programme to support pupils progressing from Year 9 to 10 and Year 10 to 11
- Varied curriculum
- Clear behaviour policies
- State of the art facilities
- Located in Southwark
- Great transport links
- Supportive, welcoming staff body
If this English Graduate Academic Mentor role sounds like something you’d be interested in, please click ‘apply’ today!
About i-teachers –
i-teachers are different from almost all other agencies as we do not cater for day to day supply. We only look to place you in long term, mutually fulfilling roles, with suitable schools based on your own goals and preferences.
This far more specialised, empathetic and consultative approach has led us to be the most highly rated Education Recruitment Company in the UK on Trustpilot. We are very proud of this 5* achievement!