English Graduate Academic Mentor – September Start
|Location:||Southwark, Southwark SE17 UK|
|Salary||£350 to £450 per Week|
English Graduate Academic Mentor – September Start –
If you’re in the homerun of your degree and have considered a future in teaching but feel you want to ‘test the water’ before committing to a teaching qualification, this role is for you.
This school in Southwark are looking for an English Graduate Academic Mentor to start in September to assist pupils with topics in English they are struggling with in KS3, 4 and 5.
This role is perfect for someone who is passionate about supporting young learners and is considering a future in teaching. If this sounds like you, please click ‘apply’ and send your CV to Abbey at i-teachers today!
English Graduate Academic Mentor – September Start – person specification –
- 1st class/2:1 degree in English or related subject
- Strong A-Levels
English Graduate Academic Mentor – September Start – the school –
- Supports their pupils in and out of the classroom
- A real focus on not just preparing the students for exams- they aim to provide the kind of education that will prepare young people not just to write a good exam, but to live a good life
- Focus on students having the ability to make decisions about their school and their learning: allow students to make choices about the courses they study and the activities they engage in
- Aim to increase pupils’ cultural exposure and knowledge
- The curriculum is designed to provide children with the core knowledge they need for success in education and later in life
- Supportive staff body for new members of staff
- Located in Southwark
- Postcode: SE17
- Well-connected transport links
English Graduate Academic Mentor – September Start – the role –
- Work with pupils in 1:1 or small group sessions
- Support pupils with adapting back to formal teaching
- Explain topics pupils find complex in a simplistic manner
- Adapt your language to suit varied academic levels
- Gain invaluable classroom experience
- £350-£450 per week (term time only)
i-teachers are different from almost all other agencies as we do not cater for day-to-day supply. We only look to place you in long term, mutually fulfilling roles, with suitable schools based on your own goals and preferences. This far more specialised, empathetic and consultative approach has led us to be the most highly rated Education Recruitment Company in the UK on Trustpilot. We are very proud of this 5* achievement!
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you to gain teaching experience by not only assisting young learners yourself, but by observing and learning from current teachers, then send your CV to Abbey at i-teachers today!