English Graduate Pastoral Mentor
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands UK|
English Graduate Pastoral Mentor – Birmingham
Are you a high achieving, ambitious English graduate with a 2.1 or 1st?
Do you have a positive outlook and a desire to support students of all abilities in order to help them to reach their potential?
Are you passionate about education and would the opportunity to support students both academically and pastorally within this English graduate pastoral mentor role?
If this English Graduate Pastoral Mentor opportunity sounds like the ideal role for you, ‘click apply’ and send your CV today!
English Graduate Pastoral Mentor – Key Information:
- Implement the tutorial policy and deliver a tutorial curriculum
- Monitor & maintain students’ punctuality, attendance and behaviour
- Work on a 1:1 basis with students, focusing on target setting and action planning
- Provide support with academic work and pastoral issues
- Work closely with other members of staff to ensure good outcomes for students
- Deliver the tutorial programme to your assigned students
- Be confidential with sensitive information
- Follow the safeguarding and other policies
- Attend open days, enrolment and meet with parents/carers where necessary
- Continuously learn and take part in continuous professional development opportunities where required
English Graduate Pastoral Mentor – Person Specification:
- 2.1 or 1st class degree
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Previous work with young people is desirable
- Supportive and inspiring personality
- Patient and empathetic mentality is crucial
- Strong academic background
- Passionate about education
- Firm but fair behaviour management approach
- A positive outlook
English Graduate Pastoral Mentor – How to Apply:
If this English Graduate Pastoral Mentor opportunity sounds like the ideal role to gain experience prior to perhaps training to become a teacher, ‘click apply’ and send your CV today!