English Teacher – International Opportunity
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands UK|
|Salary||£20000 to £21000 per Annum|
An ideal role for an English graduate seeking an opportunity to live and work in China, teaching EFL (English as a foreign language) to Primary aged children
Are you a graduate from a UK based university who is interested in working internationally?
Perhaps you have recently completed a TEFL qualification, and you are wanting to utilise your new skills living and teaching in China?
Do you have previous experience working with primary aged children and would like to combine this with immersing yourself in a new culture?
If you have answered yes to any of the above, this could be the ideal role for you!
A well established and well respected education company based in China, with a number of schools in 17 cities, is looking for talented and engaging British graduates with a passion for teaching English abroad (EFL) to Primary aged children to join them.
Up for the challenge? Contact us today! There are so many benefits to working with i-teachers to join this amazing teaching programme.
The Job Role
- Teach EFL to Primary aged children in China (mainly aged 3 – 12)
- Support the school with marketing activities to new students
- Attend weekly meetings, training, and staff workshops
- Work with class sizes from 4-6
- Use problem based learning methods – taking children out of the classroom to learn English in real life situations
- Work 5 days per week, 35 hours (weekend classes)
- Initial 1 year contract with potential to extend
- On arrival airport pick-up & 7 nights free hotel
- Monthly salary of £1,800+ (16,000+RMB)
- Generous housing allowance
- Great ex-pat community and regular team building
- Bonus system – based on performance, overtime and contract completion
- Flight allowance for holidays back to the UK
- Paid holiday:15 days public holiday +14 days annual leave
- Opportunity to learn Mandarin and complete Chinese TEFL
- Chance for promotion and further training after 1 year, or support with return to teaching in the UK
- Flexible start date
- Medical insurance
- Support and advice in the UK and China throughout the process
- Passion to teach English abroad
- Available to move to China for at least 1 year
- A degree in English, related subject or QTS and/or a TEFL
- Experience working with children/tutoring/teaching is preferable
- Role subject to references, DBS check, visa for China and medical check
This is an incredible opportunity to move abroad, on a highly competitive salary which would afford you an excellent standard of living to make the most of your experience of living and working in China.
If you are a graduate with a passion to teach English and a desire to work in China, please click apply to send your CV, with a cover statement if possible, to Jamie at i-teachers today!