Graduate Academic Learning Coach
|Location:||Birmingham, Midlands UK|
|Salary||£325 to £350 per Week|
Graduate Academic Learning Coach – Birmingham – Excellent Teacher Training Experience
This secondary school and sixth form would like to hear from enthusiastic, driven and hard-working graduates, who are keen to really make a difference to young people and can have a positive impact towards raising attainment and attendance.
This is the ideal opportunity for a graduate who is seeking paid school experience prior to moving onto teacher training, social work or educational psychology.
Graduate Academic Learning Coach – Graduate Role
- Perfect for aspiring teachers
- Working across various departments up to GCSE
- Secondary School in Central Birmingham – easily accessible by public transport
- Monday to Friday, term-time only
- Paid up to £350 per week
- Fabulous access to training and development opportunities
- September 2019 start – interviews 11th July – apply ASAP by simply sending your CV
What will you need?
- Minimum 2:1 degree and strong A Levels – various subjects considered
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to engage with young people of all abilities and backgrounds
- Resilience and high levels of energy
- Clear passion for education and gaining experience
- Some transferable experience highly desirable
- Willingness to work flexibly throughout departments
- Our support programme has helped many graduates secure positions onto PGCE’s or School Direct teacher training place at the same school!
What will you be doing?
- Creating and delivering 1:1 and small group interventions
- Working closely with Year 11’s on the run up to their GCSE’s
- Working with both mixed ability groups
- Supporting in the lesson with resources and delivering elements of the lesson
- Take part in open evenings and extra-curricular activities
- Acting as a positive role model both inside and outside of the classroom
- Taking on parts of a graduate cover rota
What is the school like?
- Centrally located school in Birmingham – real hub for the local community
- Located 10 minutes from New Street Station
- Vibrant and happy atmosphere
- Driven staff, who value every member of the team
- Commitment to training and development of all staff
- Ongoing opportunities to progress
- Mixed school with diverse demographic
- Inclusion and integration a strong focus
- Full training and support will be provided including safeguarding and other relevant training
If this Graduate Academic Learning Coach position is just the role for you then click ‘APPLY’ now and send your CV to Jamie at i-teachers.