Graduate Behaviour Mentor – Psychology & Counselling Graduates apply
|Location:||Leeds, Yorkshire and the Humber UK|
|Salary||£60 to £65 per Day|
Graduate Behaviour Mentor (Psychology and Counselling Graduates) – Secondary School – Leeds LS5
Are you a recent Psychology or Counselling Studies graduate dreaming of beginning your teaching career inside and supportive and passionate Secondary School as a Graduate Behaviour Mentor?
Do you have the skills and attributes to have enhance the academic and emotional ability of students with additional behavioural needs?
Would you benefit from a year’s paid experience working inside a talented and committed SEN staff department, under the guidance of a magnificent SENCO as a Graduate Behaviour Mentor?
This secondary school in the heart of Leeds is looking to hire an ambitious and passionate Psychology/Counselling graduate intent on delivering the best educational and emotional support possible to its students with additional behavioural needs.
Graduate Behaviour Mentor –
- Working alongside a passionate and supportive SEN department as Graduate Behaviour Mentor
- Gaining vital teaching techniques and methods with additional behavioural needs students
- Organising and conducting 1:1 educational sessions with students with SEN as a Graduate Behaviour Mentor
- Opportunity to display degree subject knowledge and understanding
- Brilliant experience before possible PGCE/Teacher training
- Paid £300-£325 per week, term time only as Graduate Behaviour Mentor
- Immediate start
Role Requirements –
- Minimum 2:1 Psychology/Counselling studies degree
- Brilliant communication skills as Graduate Behaviour Mentor
- Passionate and motivated to support additional behavioural needs students
- Wanting to gain teaching techniques and methods of SEN staff members
- Co-operating fully with SENCO following carefully selected plan for each student
- Prior experience ideal but not required
Role Specification –
- Organising and conducting 1:1 sessions with additional behavioural needs students
- Working to improve the academic and emotional ability of students
- Communicating supportively and appropriately with SEN student
- Being flexible and polite to SEN department staff and students
- Available throughout the school day to additional behavioural needs students
Commutable areas may include – Allerton Bywater, Beeston, Middleton, Morley, Kippax, Ledsham, Kirkstall, Otley, Oulton
If you feel you have the desire and motivation to offer the best academic and emotional support to this brilliant secondary schools additional behavioural needs students, working alongside an experienced and supportive SEN department as a Graduate Behaviour Mentor, then contact Amy at I-teachers, or click ‘Apply’!