Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant
|Location:||London, Greater London N9 UK|
|Salary||£350 to £450 per Week|
Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant – Edmonton, Enfield (N9)
Do you have experience that has allowed you to develop your ability to relate to people of various backgrounds and cultures?
Perhaps you are interested in giving young people with language barriers the opportunity to succeed and integrate into education?
Perhaps you hold a TEFL qualification with experience of Teaching English abroad from travelling or a placement year abroad at university?
If this Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant opportunity sounds like the ideal role for you, ‘click apply’ and send your CV today!
Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant – Key Information:
- Based in Edmonton, Enfield
- Good transportation links
- £350 – £450 per week, term time
- Full time, Monday – Friday school hours
- Warm environment in a thriving school, on an exciting journey
- Excellent senior leadership department
- Supportive inclusion and language departments
- High number of Bulgarian and Turkish pupils
- Support with integration, communication and engagement
Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant – The Role:
This exciting role offers a recent university graduate the opportunity to grow and develop as a teacher of classes with students with English as a second language. The school has stated that 75% of students have English as a second language so they require somebody with a language degree, particularly in Turkish or Bulgarian as the main two languages spoken. You will be supporting children who may have just immigrated to the UK or have come from a different background and need assistance transitioning into the UK educational system. It will be your role to help remove any barriers that occur during an EAL students’ academic and social development like confidence, language and cultural differences delivered through group intervention sessions or on a 1:1 basis. You will have the opportunity to work alongside an extremely experienced pastoral and language department who will support you through your journey at the school. You will provided with regular feedback and guidance as well as real teaching opportunities which is perfect experience for an aspiring teaching wanting to develop their teaching and communication skills prior to teacher training.
Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant – Person Specification:
- Ideally you will have minimum of 2:1 degree – range of subjects considered
- Bulgarian or Turkish speaker advantageous
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Previous work with EAL children is desirable
- Understands language barriers to learning
- Supportive and inspiring personality
- Patient and empathetic mentality is crucial
- For an individual aspiring to become a teacher prior to teaching courses
- TEFL trained desirable
Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant – How to Apply:
If this Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant opportunity sounds like the ideal role to gain experience prior to training to become a teacher, ‘click apply’ and send your CV today!