Graduate Learning Support Assistant
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands UK|
|Salary||£60 to £65 per Day|
Graduate Learning Support Assistant – Secondary – Birmingham
Do you have a passion to give young people the best possible chances of success in education?
Are you seeking the next challenge to take on now you have completed your degree and you are unsure how to really make a difference?
Perhaps you are you contemplating beginning a career in the exciting world of teaching and would like some advice and guidance about your next steps?
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Learning Support Assistant with KS3, 4 and 5 students
- Primarily support this school to ensure that the aspirations and confidence of its students are raised and the school visions and values are implemented each day
- You will be given all relevant training needed to deliver the curriculum and implement strategies to maximise performance
- Access to continued professional development and advice on how to become an excellent Teaching Assistant and future teacher.
- Working alongside teachers to offer support with small groups of students and on a 1 to 1 basis
- Most students have an individual learning and support plan that you will follow
- Supporting the classroom teacher in managing behaviour and working towards more positive outcomes to the lessons
- Paid £60 – £65 per day
- Full-time, long-term role
- You will need to have the ability to build rapport with students, staff and parents
- Minimum of a 2:1 degree, preferably from a Russell Group University
- Some transferable experience from university or voluntary roles.
- Ambitious and passionate graduates
- Empathy and knowledge towards challenges in education and inclusion
- Passion and commitment to improve educational outcomes and drive to work in education or similar sector
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
- The School is rated as Ofsted Good and is a mixed 11-18 comprehensive school
- It has an excellent reputation within the community and has a focus on achievement and growth
- All current staff have a passion to support new staff on their career move and progression
- It is located within easy access of Birmingham City Centre and is easily commutable from the surrounding areas by train and bus
- The school offers its own School Direct programme
To apply for this fantastic graduate opportunity, then please send your CV to Jamie at i-teachers today.