Graduate Learning Support Assistant
|Location:||Rochdale, North West England UK|
|Salary||£63.00 to £68.00 per Day|
Long term paid role/ Learning Support Assistant
Are you a graduate looking for a rewarding career in Education?
Would you relish the opportunity to work within a highly supportive secondary school supporting pupils who requires 1:1 support across all lessons?
The Graduate Learning Assistant role is a great opportunity for you to gain paid experience before applying for teacher training in the near future.
This school is eager to meet with a graduate who has a supportive, flexible and positive approach. The role is supporting a year 9 boy who needs extra support across the curriculum. This role is an immediate start if successful at interview, it will be for the rest of the academic year.
The role –
• Support a year 9 pupil who is a looked after child (LAC)
• Help boost his confidence and raise aspirations
• Work closely with the head of department, SENCo and external agencies
• Support the need of the pupil
• Monday – Friday, term time only
• Long term role – immediate start
• Great experience for aspiring teachers/councillors/educational psychologists/social workers
The school –
• Vibrant state-of-the-art secondary school
• Located in Rochdale, close to great transport links
• Large car park & bus stop outside of the school
• ‘Outstanding’ School
• Great support in place for graduates
• Dedicated and supportive staff team to aid your progression
The graduate –
• A passion to make a difference
• Hold a degree – 2:1 or above
• Have some experience working with children
• Must be committed, patient, engaging and resilient
• Must be available until July 2019