Graduate Learning Support Assistant
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands B10 UK|
|Salary||£300 to £350 per Week|
Graduate Learning Support Assistant – Small Heath, Birmingham (B10)
This fantastic role will provide a newly graduated candidate the opportunity to gain invaluable experience working in a vibrant and driven secondary school with students that require behavioural assistance.
Many of the young people in this school are from what is considered a disadvantaged background and come into school with low levels of confidence, self-esteem and communication skills. Therefore your role primarily consists of supporting this school to ensure that the aspirations and confidence of these groups of students are raised and they have the opportunity to be successful and remain in school.
Not only would you be shaping the lives of others, the experience and skills you would gain from this opportunity will massively help push you into fulfilling your career aspirations!
If this Graduate Learning Support Assistant opportunity sounds like the ideal role for you, ‘click apply’ and send your CV today!
Graduate Learning Support Assistant – key information:
- Based in Small Heath, Birmingham
- Good transportation links
- Full time, Monday – Friday school hours
- Warm environment
- £300 – £400 per week
- Supportive inclusion department
Graduate Learning Support Assistant – The Role:
- Develop teaching techniques and communication skills
- monitor student progress
- Supporting a class teacher Working with students on a 1 to 1 and group basis
- Ability to cater for an array of different educational needs
- Requires 1 on 1 / small group intervention sessions
- Take on feedback on continually improve your practice
- Offer extra-curricular activities if/when required
Graduate Learning Support Assistant – Person Specification:
- 2.1 or 1st class degree (psychology preferred)
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Previous work with children is desirable
- Supportive and inspiring personality
- Patient and empathetic mentality is crucial
- Strong academic background
- Firm but fair behaviour management approach
Graduate Learning Support Assistant – How to apply:
If this Graduate Learning Support Assistant opportunity sounds like the ideal role to gain experience prior to training to become a teacher, ‘click apply’ and send your CV today!
Ideal role, but not quite the right location? We also work in the following areas so feel free to get in touch: Birmingham, Sandwell, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Sutton Coldfield and Solihull.