Graduate Maths Learning Mentor
|Location:||Brent, London (North) NW2 UK|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Salary||£350 to £450 per Week|
Do you have a real passion and enthusiasm for Mathematics and would love to inspire young people to feel the same?
Perhaps you have experience tutoring students or family members and would love to transfer this experience into a more formal, school setting?
Maybe you have got your eye on a teacher training course in 2020 but would like to know more about what working is a school is like?
Consider this fantastic opportunity for you to join a brilliant Secondary School in Brent where you will be working closely with excellent teachers! Does this Graduate Maths Learning Mentor role sound like the one for you? Apply!
Graduate Maths Learning Mentor – The Role:
- You will be working very closely with inspirational and experienced Teachers within the Maths department.
- Your role will vary on a day to day basis but the majority of your time will be supporting the class teacher with high quality Maths interventions.
- Working with students on a 1:1 or small group basis ensuring that they are understanding different mathematical concepts. You will also be working with students who are high achieving and your expert subject knowledge will be utilised in order to encourage them to get to the next level.
- The teachers around you will also teach you how to plan lessons effectively and help you create and deliver your own small intervention sessions.
- Paid between £350-£450 per week.
- Long-term role, Monday-Friday for the full academic year!
Graduate Maths Learning Mentor – The School:
- The school has a strong track record when it comes to graduates and working with i-teachers so they are well versed in how to create the best possible experience for you as well as their students.
- They have an inspirational back-story about their foundations, mission and thoughts for the future.
- You will be surrounded by passionate, down-to-earth professionals who deliver outstanding learning experiences to each and every one of their students.
- Opportunities for Teacher Training in 2020
Graduate Maths Learning Mentor – The Requirements:
- You will require a minimum of a 2:2 in your Maths degree (Other related subjects are considered)
- Strong A-Levels and GCSEs will be highly beneficial
- Prior experience tutoring or working with young people would be highly beneficial but not a requirement
- A strong passion and interest in education is required!
If you would like to be shortlisted for the role then register your interest NOW and send your CV. The school are shortlisting and organising interviews for ASAP so there register your interest ASAP!