Graduate Paid School Experience – Teacher Training Opportunities
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands UK|
|Salary||£65 to £70 per Day|
Paid School Experience – September start – Perfect Opportunity for Aspiring Teachers
If you are graduating this summer and feel that teaching may be the career path you want to take then step into teaching with i-teachers…
Offering top graduates the opportunity to ease themselves into teaching through a whole academic year prior to applying for Teach First, SCITT, PGCE or even training routes through the school you are placed in, what better way to test the water and develop your teaching skills and confidence before plunging into the training?
Graduate Paid School Experience – What is the opportunity?
- Full-time, Monday to Friday roles in schools across the Birmingham and surrounding West Midlands areas
- Assist class teachers across a range of subjects
- Planning and leading small group and 1:1 interventions
- Opportunity to take on lesson cover and get involved in planning to develop your teaching schools
- Earn between £325 and £350 per week, term-time only
- Opportunity to join school’s teacher training programme in September
- Roles available across Birmingham, Solihull, Sandwell, Dudley, Walsall and Wolverhampton
- September 2019 start
Graduate Paid School Experience – What do I need to apply?
- Relevant degree essential – 2:1 or above
- Strong academic record with good GCSEs and A levels
- Clear enthusiasm and passion for education
- Experience working with young people or children extremely desirable
- Genuine interest in teaching in a U.K. secondary school as a career
- Passionate, driven and not afraid of a challenge!
Graduate Paid School Experience – What do I do next?
- Applications are via CV – so please send this to start being considered for opportunities
- We shortlist on an ongoing basis
- You must be willing to undergo a DBS check through i-teachers unless you have a valid certificate on the update service
- Location preferences are discussed at the shortlisted process
If this sounds like your ideal next career step then do not hesitate! Send your CV for consideration for a number of upcoming vacancies from September!