Graduate Pupil Premium Mentor – Paid School Experience
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands UK|
|Salary||£325 to £350 per Week|
Graduate Pupil Premium Mentor – Paid School Experience – Enhance your CV over an academic year!
Would you like to gain a better understanding of the UK education system and how you can benefit young people from low socio-economic backgrounds?
Do you have a passion to close the attainment gap between groups of young people from low income families and their peers?
Perhaps you would like a fulfilling role that will equip you with vital skills to take into the next stage of your career?
Graduate Academic Mentor – Pupil Premium
- £325 – £350 per week – term-time only
- Graduate with minimum 2:1 degree – various subjects considered but core subjects are strongly regarded
- You will be given all relevant training and support
- Paid school experience
- Monday-Friday school hours for full academic year
- Centrally located in Birmingham – just north of the city centre on major train and bus routes
- Perfect role for aspiring teachers
- Interviews being held in September and already being arranged
What will you be doing?
- Working with groups of students who are entitled to additional funding
- Need that extra push to achieve their academic and personal potential
- Creating lesson plans and delivering tailored interventions
- Supporting throughout the classroom and wider school environment
What will you need?
- Passionate about education and supporting young people
- Optimistic about the future and the power of young people
- Ability to enthuse and motivate students
- Commitment to improving confidence and engagement
- High levels of patience and enthusiasm are required at all times
- Strong academic background including a minimum 2:1 degree, ideally in a core subject and A Levels
About the School
- A friendly school, with a strong, inclusive and dedicated team
- Support from a dedicated mentor
- Located just North of the City Centre
- Strong track record of giving graduates an alternative route into teaching
Send your CV to Jamie at i-teachers, if you think you have what it takes to be successful in this role.