Graduate Secondary Pastoral Support Assistant
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands B10 UK|
|Salary||£300 to £350 per Week|
Graduate Secondary Pastoral Support Assistant – Small Heath, Birmingham (B10)
Are you a dedicated individual with a compassionate and committed personality?
Perhaps you have had previous experience working with students with behavioural issues and has inspired you to pursue a career within education?
If this Graduate Secondary Pastoral Support Assistant opportunity sounds like the ideal role for you, ‘click apply’ and send your CV today!
Graduate Secondary Pastoral Support Assistant – Key Information:
- Based in Small Heath, Birmingham
- Good transportation links
- Full time, Monday – Friday school hours
- Warm environment
- Excellent senior leadership department
- £300 – £350 per week, term time
- Supportive Pastoral department
Graduate Secondary Pastoral Support Assistant – The Role:
This thriving secondary school boasts a fantastic pastoral department as recognised in their latest Ofsted report with improved behavioural and SEN management. The pastoral staff are talented and supportive individuals who will help nurture you into the teacher you strive to be by providing you with ample opportunities and regular feedback!
This varied and exciting role requires you to support students with behavioural issues or special educational needs in close intervention sessions either on a 1:1 basis or in small groups. You will monitor their progress as well as offering academic and social support which not only massively helps them but it develops your communication and teaching skills which are invaluable for an aspiring teacher!
Graduate Secondary Pastoral Support Assistant – Person Specification:
- 2.1 or 1st class degree (preferably psychology)
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Previous work with children is desirable
- Supportive and inspiring personality
- Patient and empathetic mentality is crucial
- For an individual aspiring to become a teacher prior to teaching courses
- Passionate about education
- Firm but fair behaviour management approach
Graduate Secondary Pastoral Support Assistant – How to Apply:
If this Graduate Secondary Pastoral Support Assistant opportunity sounds like the ideal role to gain experience prior to training to become a teacher, ‘click apply’ and send your CV today!
Ideal role, but not quite the right location? We also work in the following areas so feel free to get in touch: Birmingham, Sandwell, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Sutton Coldfield and Solihull.