Graduate Secondary SEN Teaching Assistant
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands B23 UK|
|Salary||£300 to £350 per Week|
Graduate Secondary SEN Teaching Assistant – Erdington, Birmingham (B23)
Have you just graduated from university with a 2.1 or above and are looking to gain classroom based experience in a fantastic inclusion department before jumping into a training course?
Do you have a passion to help children with special educational needs and wish to make a real difference to their academic and social development, which would prove to be a very enriching and rewarding experience for yourself?
If this Graduate Secondary SEN Teaching Assistant opportunity sounds like the ideal role for you, ‘click apply’ and send your CV today!
Graduate Secondary SEN Teaching Assistant – Key Information:
- Based in Erdington, Birmingham
- £300 – £350 per week, term time
- Good transportation links
- Full time, Monday – Friday school hours
- Warm environment
- Excellent senior leadership department
- Supportive inclusion department
Graduate Secondary SEN Teaching Assistant – The Role:
The school boasts an excellent inclusion department with brilliant policies and talented and experienced staff who you will have the opportunity to work with closely, which will be crucial for your own development as a teaching assistant.
This role is perfect for an aspiring teacher looking to gain some invaluable first-hand experience within a warm school before diving straight into teacher training courses. It will allow you to gain a real insight into how schools really run and will allow you to pick up various skills, crucial for an aspiring teacher. You will have the opportunity to organise and lead intervention sessions with students while working closely with the SENDCo. You will be required to cater for a range of special educational needs supporting students both academically and socially and with continuous feedback, you will develop your own skills and knowledge.
Graduate Secondary SEN Teaching Assistant – Person Specification:
- 2.1 or 1st class degree (preferably psychology)
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Previous work with children is desirable
- Supportive and inspiring personality
- Patient and empathetic mentality is crucial
- For an individual aspiring to become a teacher prior to teaching courses
- Passionate about education
- Firm but fair behaviour management approach
Graduate Secondary SEN Teaching Assistant – How to Apply:
If this Graduate Secondary SEN Teaching Assistant opportunity sounds like the ideal role to gain experience prior to training to become a teacher, ‘click apply’ and send your CV today!
Ideal role, but not quite the right location? We also work in the following areas so feel free to get in touch: Birmingham, Sandwell, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Sutton Coldfield and Solihull.