Head of Year
|Location:||Barnet, London (North) N2 UK|
|Salary||£35886 to £48055 per Annum|
Head of Year
Are you looking for a rewarding job to give young people the best possible life choices?
Are you an experienced teacher with a passion for the pastoral side of the role?
Do you feel ready to take on a new role in a thriving school where progression and development are prioritised?
This thriving secondary school in Barnet are searching for an enthusiastic and professional Head of Year to work closely with the Headteacher and SLT to ensure pupils social, emotional and wellbeing needs are being met. This is a non-teaching role and personal and curriculum development is key here. Staff wellbeing is a priority.
To register your interest in this rewarding Head of Year role please simply apply on this page today.
Head of Year – The Role
– MPS/UPS + TLR 1a
– Encourage pupils to uphold excellent learning habits
– Support pupils overcome any barriers to learning
– Deal with any safeguarding concerns professionally and confidentially
– Lead a team of form tutors effectively
– Communicate with parents
Head of Year – Person Specification:
– UK Qualified Teacher Status
– Several years teaching/school experience is highly desirable
-Highly motivated to increase positive outcomes for young people and the whole school
-Ability to work with young people and families appropriately
-Committed to providing pupils the very best opportunities to be successful in all areas
-Develop and uphold strong values of respect and ambition
-Inspire pupils to engage widely across school
-Promote engagement in extra-curricular activities
-Thriving secondary school in Barnet
– Excellent transport links via the Northern line
-Strong links to the community
-Visionary Senior Leadership Team
– No departmental offices – open working/common areas to ensure integration
Click ‘apply now’ and send your CV to Michaela at i-teachers today to apply for this Head of Year role. Interviews will be held ASAP! If you don’t have a CV, feel free to call the office for an informal chat.