Maths Academic Mentor
|Location:||Manchester, Manchester BL8 UK|
|Salary||£60 to £63 per Day|
Maths Academic Mentor – Paid long term position in a vibrant and inclusive Secondary School – Bury
Are you a Maths graduate who is becoming unmotivated by the lack of rewarding roles that will truly utilise your skills?
Have you considered working in a Maths department of a school for a full academic year, helping pupils achieve their full potential in Maths?
This Maths Academic Mentor is perfect for a Maths graduate looking to build their skills at this vibrant secondary school and are specifically designed to help high achieving graduates build paid experience prior to a career in teaching.
Maths Academic Mentor post
- Perfect Pre-PGCE experience
- Bury – Easily reached by public transport
- Car park for those who drive
- Role Starting September
- Full Time, Monday – Friday
- Long term role (full academic year)
- Vibrant secondary school in Bury, Greater Manchester
- Well-resourced department
- Paid School Experience, £300 – £335
- Maths related degree 2:1 or above
- Strong academic background – A-Level and GCSE results
- A desire to pursue teacher training
- Ability to build relationships with pupils, teachers and parents
The school are looking to add additional support within the Maths department and have funding in place for an Academic Mentor. You will be specifically supporting pupil premium students, who require an extra boost in Maths. The ideal candidate will be an ambitious, well-educated graduate with a degree in Maths.
This role would suit an aspiring teacher as the experience gained across all key stages will be invaluable for any PGCE application. Ideally you will have transferrable skills for example experience of tutoring however this is not essential.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed as a Maths Academic Mentor, apply to join this fantastic school! Click apply to send your CV to Holly at i-teachers.