|Location:||Enfield, Hackney UK|
i-teachers work closely with school’s across London to match you with a role that best suits your skillset and personality. This Maths Teacher role is at an exceptional school in Waltham Forest and would be a great match for a passionate maths teacher with a few years of experience.
Are you looking for the next step up in your teaching career?
Would you like to take up a maths teacher role in an outstanding school?
One of our ‘outstanding’ Maths schools are looking to strengthen their teaching staff with a dedicated and passionate maths teacher.
Maths Teacher – The Role:
- Full time, permanent position
- Paid according to the MPS
- Have a concept of maths teacher curriculum and apply it to developing student’s learning approaches
- Teach Maths to KS3 and 4
- Plan and prepare courses and lessons
- Teach, according to the educational needs of the pupils assigned to you
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils
- Deliver high quality material in this maths teacher role
- Be committed to on-going professional maths teacher development
- Contribute to the wider life of the school
- Maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager
- Have good interpersonal skills and are able to work well as part of a team
Maths Teacher – Person Specification:
- 2:2 in Maths subject degree
- Full maths teacher QTS obtained
- Successful experience of teaching the maths curriculum.
- Good understanding of current theory and best practice in maths teaching and learning
- Good maths teacher subject knowledge of core National Curriculum.
- Good understanding of child development and progression and how this impacts on planning.
- Understanding of effective strategies for managing behaviour within the classroom and in accordance with the school’s policy.
- An understanding of equal opportunity issues and how they can be addressed in schools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Maths Teacher – The school:
- School is located close to the North Circular Road, M11 and both Blackhorse Road and Walthamstow Cenral underground stations – very commutable!
- Impressive school campus
- Achieved excellent results in both GCSE and A-Levels
- Many A-Level students progressing on to study at Russel group universities
- Very sought after school
- 90% of our students are from minority ethnic groups, many coming from African, Caribbean, Eastern European, Turkish and Pakistani communities
If this Maths Teacher role sounds like it suits your skillset, please don’t hesitate to apply today!