STEM Academic Mentor
|Location:||Southwark, Southwark SE17 UK|
|Salary||£90 to £90 per Day|
STEM Academic Mentor –
This school in Southwark are looking for a STEM Graduate to work as a STEM Academic Mentor.
You will be working with Year 9 and 10 pupils in 1:1 and small group sessions.
For each session you will need to plan how you will teach the topic, discuss any challenges the pupils feel regarding the topic and then work through the information with the pupils, ensuring that by the end of the session, they have gained a better understanding.
You must ensure you are changing your teaching style to match the pupils’ academic level.
You will have a full timetable of mentoring with some free periods.
The role is full-time, Monday to Friday and the pay is £90 per day, term time only.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience working in a school before potentially starting your own teaching qualification in September 2022.
If this STEM Academic Mentor role sounds like something you’d be interested in, please click ‘apply’ today!
STEM Academic Mentor – the essentials –
- 1st or 2:1 in a STEM degree
- Tutoring/teaching assistant experience is desired but not essential
STEM Academic Mentor – the school –
- Secondary School, ages 11-18-years of age
- Nurturing environment for young learners
- Science and Maths are flagship subjects
- Excellent behaviour policies
- Allow pupils to have some autonomy over courses they take as they believe pupils should have some choice over their learning
- Have created an Academic Mentor programme to benefit pupils progressing from Year 9 to 10 and Year 10 to 11
- Located in Southwark
- Great transport links
- Supportive, welcoming staff body
If being a STEM Academic Mentor sounds like the role for you, then please send in your CV.
About i-teachers –
i-teachers are different from almost all other agencies as we do not cater for day to day supply. We only look to place you in long term, mutually fulfilling roles, with suitable schools based on your own goals and preferences.
This far more specialised, empathetic and consultative approach has led us to be the most highly rated Education Recruitment Company in the UK on Trustpilot. We are very proud of this 5* achievement!