|Location:||London (South), Southwark SE17 UK|
|Salary||£90 to £95 per Day|
Are you an aspiring secondary school teacher and interested in working for a school that supports your teacher training?
Perhaps you’re about to graduate and have started thinking about your next career move?
Maybe you already have prior experience tutoring or peer mentoring?
This thriving and diverse secondary school in Southwark are looking for a talented graduate to join their tutoring team for September 2022. The Academic Mentor role is perfect for a graduate that is considering a future career as a secondary school teacher, as by the end of the placement you may be offered a place to return as a trainee teacher.
If you would love to be considered for the role of Academic Mentor, send your CV to Hollie at i-teachers today!
Academic Mentor – Role Description
- Long-term role, until July 2022
- Full-time position, Mon – Fri
- Paid graduate placement £90 – £95 per day
- Tutor students on a 1:1 basis in Maths, English, or Science
- Run group intervention-based sessions for students struggling with the curriculum
- Work with a fantastic team of tutors
- Act as a strong role model for students
- Liaise with class teachers/SLT on student progress
- Shortlisting for role now, September 2022 start date!
Academic Mentor – Experience and Qualifications
- 2:1 grade in any core subject
- Other subjects welcome to apply, but must be comfortable with supporting core subjects at secondary level
- Good A-Levels
- Prior experience tutoring children or students would be advantageous
- Aspirations to become a secondary school teacher
- Passion for teaching
Academic Mentor – School Description
- Based in Southwark, SE17
- Great transport links, close by to Elephant and Castle station
- Thriving and diverse secondary school
- Enriched curriculum
- Passionate and caring teaching staff
- Supportive SLT who are engaged with the tutoring scheme
- Unique tutoring area where students have tuition sessions
Click “Apply” today to register your interest for the Academic Mentor role! We will be in touch with 2-4 working days if shortlisted.