English Graduate Academic Mentor – Oldham
|Location:||Oldham, Oldham ol8 UK|
|Salary||£65 to £70 per Day|
English Graduate Mentor – Oldham
Are you an English Language/Literature graduate who is passionate about education?
Do you consider teaching as a viable career option and would relish the opportunity to work in a secondary school English Department, supporting disadvantaged pupils?
If yes, this paid English Graduate Mentor role in a well-regarded Oldham secondary school could be the perfect opportunity to develop your skills!
Join this fantastic school on a full time, long term basis until the end of the academic year.
English Graduate role – Graduate Academic Mentor
- English Literature/Language degree essential
- Support the English Department with 1:1 catch up
- Long term role (full academic year), starting ASAP
- Paid weekly, term time only. Pay rates £65-£70 per day
- Excellent secondary school in Oldham – good links to public transport
- Fantastic experience prior to teacher training
- Start ASAP
Person Specification – English Graduate Academic Mentor
- 2:2 or above English Degree
- Strong academic background – Good A-Level results
- Passion for your subject and education
- Ability to build relationships with parents, pupils and colleagues
- Previous tutoring experience is ideal, but not essential
About the role – English Academic Mentor
- Support pupils with catch up
- 1:1 tutoring sessions with pupils
- Deliver sessions from Year 7 – GCSE
- Build relationships with students
- Support their learning and monitor progress
- Work with parents, teachers and leaders to ensure pupils are receiving the best education
The English department is run by an inspirational HOD and needs someone who is a real team player to join them and support their catch up strategy.
Please click ‘Apply’ now and send your CV to Holly at i-teachers right away. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 2-4 working days.
i-teachers is an Education Consultancy, not a supply agency, we have the best Trustpilot score of 4.9/5 in industry with over 500 5* reviews from graduates and teachers.
All pay rates are inclusive of holiday pay. This role requires a DBS check.