English Graduate Teaching Assistant
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands UK|
|Salary||£325 to £350 per Week|
English Graduate Teaching Assistant – Graduate Paid School Experience
Are you a recent graduate who is looking to find a role that will see you supporting young people with both their academic and personal development across English?
Do you see yourself being able to have a positive impact and empower young people to be the best version of themselves and find a love for English?
Perhaps you would like to be the inspiration you had in school for the next generation?
If you are an aspiring teacher, then this is the perfect paid school experience to gain a broad understanding of the needs of young people and how the education system plays and crucial part in providing the best opportunities to thrive!
Graduate Trainee Teacher – English – Overview
Salary: £325 – £350 per week, term-time only
Location: Located in Saltley (B8)
Start date: September 2019
Interview: Shortlisting and interviewing on an ongoing basis – schools are organising graduate trial days
Contract: Whole academic year – September to July
Hours: Full-time, Monday to Friday – hours between 8:30am and 4pm (TBC)
Application Process: CV application followed by ID checks – early applications advised
Academic Requirements: Minimum 2:1 degree with strong A Levels
Experience: Transferable experience working with children, young people or vulnerable adults highly desirable
Other Requirements: Committed to career in teaching, not afraid of a challenge, personable, positive and proactive
A little more about what you will be doing…
- Supporting 1:1 and small groups inside and outside of the classroom
- Creating and running specific workshops to complement the English Curriculum
- This will complement their academic work in a variety of subjects
- Monitoring progress and tailoring sessions to enable maximum impact
- Liaising with all class teachers to communicate outcomes of specific workshops
- Regular catch up meetings with pupils to review and amend targets
- Some communication with parents/carers
- Assist in the classroom as needed
If you can see yourself thriving in graduate paid school experience like this, then send your CV immediately to Jamie at i-teachers.