Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant
|Location:||London, Hackney E5 UK|
|Salary||£350 to £450 per Week|
Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant – Hackney (E5)
Have you just graduated from university with a 2.1 or above and are looking to gain classroom based experience in a fantastic school before jumping into a training course?
Perhaps you are interested in giving young people with language barriers the opportunity to succeed and integrate into education?
Furthermore do you want the opportunity to learn and develop into a fully qualified teacher in a warm and supportive environment with staff that can nurture you into the teacher you aspire to be?
If this Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant opportunity sounds like the ideal role for you, ‘click apply’ and send your CV today!
Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant – Key Information:
- Based in Hackney
- Good transportation links
- £350 – £450 per week, term time
- Full time, Monday – Friday school hours
- Warm environment
- Excellent senior leadership department
Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant – The Role:
- Varied and exciting – crucial experience prior to teaching training
- Supporting a class teacher working with students on a 1 to 1 and group basis
- Develop teaching techniques and communication skills
- monitor student progress
- perfect for an aspiring teacher
- Ability to organise and conduct class lessons with the guidance of qualified teachers
- Support pupils with a range of academic ability
- Lead 1:1 / small group intervention sessions
- Take on feedback to continually improve your practice
- Offer extra-curricular activities if/when required
Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant – Person Specification:
- 2.1 or 1st class degree
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Previous work with children is desirable
- Supportive and inspiring personality
- Patient and empathetic mentality is crucial
- ‘Can do’ attitude and ambition to progress into teacher training
- Strong academic background
- Fluent foreign language speaker desirable
- Passionate about education
- Firm but fair behaviour management approach
Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant – How to Apply:
If this Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant opportunity sounds like the ideal role to gain experience prior to training to become a teacher, ‘click apply’ and send your CV today!
Ideal role, but not quite the right location? We also work in the following areas so feel free to get in touch: Tower Hamlets, Newham, Barking, Dagenham, Hackney, Enfield, Waltham Forest, Redbridge, Havering and Thurrock.