Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant
|Location:||Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber BD7 UK|
|Salary||£300 to £325 per Week|
Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant
Are you a recent Languages based graduate with a passion for the subject and an ambition to work inside of a warm and supportive Secondary School?
Have you formerly taught English as a foreign language and have the necessary subject knowledge and teaching techniques to improve international new arrivals English ability as an EAL Teaching Assistant?
Would you want the opportunity to learn new techniques and methods regarding the teaching of foreign students from an experienced and supportive Languages staff department?
This inclusive and supportive secondary school in the heart of Bradford is looking for a recent Languages graduate with a passion and motivation for improving the English ability of foreign students, to join the talented EAL staff department in aiding students to feel comfortable and settled inside a secondary school environment.
Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant – Job Overview:
- Organising and conducting specific sessions in the development and enhancement of foreign students English ability as an EAL Teaching Assistant
- Working alongside class teachers identifying and monitoring students weak points
- Using adequate communication skills to enhance academic ability of students
- Unique and specific job role as EAL Teaching Assistant
- Ambitious and inclusive secondary school
- Gain teaching techniques and knowledge from experienced and talented languages department
- Paid £300-£325 per week, term time only as EAL Teaching Assistant
- Immediate Start!
In this unique role you will be working alongside an EAL Teacher in developing and enhancing the academic ability of foreign students inside the English subject. You will be organising and conducting specific sessions, designed to focus solely on the weak points of the students’ knowledge, and working with them closely to develop their understanding and rectify any mistakes being made. In an unfamiliar environment for foreign students hoping to gain an in depth understanding of the English Language before the possible progression into a University, you will be utilising your communication skills in making them feel comfortable and focused on the tasks that have been set.
Information about the school:
- Inclusive and supportive environment, intent on offering students best academic support
- Wants to give every student equal opportunity of achieving
- Believes in students being able to express themselves and their passions for particular subjects
- Inspiring Senior Leadership Team
- Number of experienced and talented Languages staff members
- Easily accessible through variety of public transport links
- Commutable from across Bradford and surrounding areas
What do I need to apply?
- Minimum 2:1 languages based degree
- Prior experience in teaching English as a foreign language
- Passion and motivation to improve students’ academic ability
- Friendly and welcoming personality
- Ability to make students feel comfortable in unfamiliar environment
- Committed towards EAL students
- Fantastic communication skills
- Patient and understanding regarding pupils progress
How do I apply?
To apply for this unique and sought after role inside an inclusive and warm secondary school, either press the ‘Click Apply!’ button below, or alternatively contact Amy at I-teachers for a friendly chat!