Graduate Learning Mentor
|Location:||Oldham, North West England UK|
|Salary||£63 to £68 per Day|
SEMH/SEN – Paid School Experience/ Long term role/ Oldham Secondary School
Are you considering a career in Education but would like to gain paid experience first before applying for teacher training or educational psychology to make sure it is right for you?
Maybe you have some previous experience of supporting and working with young adults who have specific learning needs?
Overview of Learning Mentor Role –
• Full-time, Monday to Friday, January Start
• Earn £63 – £68 per day, term-time only
• Located in Oldham
• Fabulous experience prior to teacher training/educational psychology or to simply add to your CV
• Long term, paid role
• Graduate Programme with i-teachers
What will you be doing in this role?
• Create and lead your own 1:1 and group interventions
• Support pupils to overcome barriers to learning and progress
• Improve pupils behaviour and level of engagement with their studies
• Work closely with form tutors/ heads of years and parents
About the school –
• Highly regarded Secondary school located in Oldham
• Excellent training and support programmes
• State of the art facilities
• Passionate about supporting the local community
• Close to transport links
• High achieving school
• Well known and popular in the local area
What will you need to be considered for this role?
• Degree, 2:1 or above
• Strong academic background
• Passion and enthusiasm to work in education
• Experience working with young people desirable
• Ability to excite and engage young people to promote a love for learning and achievement
If you feel that you can make an impact to pupils learning and help them reach their full potential this school want to hear from you! Send your CV to Becky today if you feel that you are a good fit to this role.