Personal Progress Tutor
|Location:||Birmingham, Birmingham B12 UK|
|Salary||£18000 to £20000 per Annum|
Graduate Pastoral Role – Personal Progress Tutor
We are looking to appoint a remarkable, calm and confident Personal Progress Tutor to join our Pastoral Team in a large, inclusive and highly successful Sixth Form College near central Birmingham.
Are you a compassionate graduate who is seeking an opportunity to support the welfare of students?
Do you have experience working with young people in a school setting?
Would you relish the opportunity to encourage personal development, growth, and a positive transition into adulthood?
If so, this fantastic opportunity, working in a Graduate Pastoral Role as a Personal Progress Tutor , may be just what you’ve been looking for!
Personal Progress Tutor – The Role:
- Supporting the welfare of students
- Working with a caseload of 150 students
- Provide advice, guidance on ongoing support for students who are experiencing a range of pastoral issues1:1 or with small groups of students
- Supporting students with safeguarding and mental health concerns
- Working closely with students, their parents/carers, and colleagues to ensure the students maintain good punctuality, attendance, and behaviour in all aspects of their studies and meet assignment and other agreed deadlines
- Develop and deliver a regular enrichment activity relevant to the student body
Personal Progress Tutor – The Benefits:
- Salary £18-£20k – (£22584 FTE, adjusted for term time only + 10 days)
- Long-term, full-time role at the same school, no supply!
- Working in a college that recognised for excellence in academic achievement, exceptionally high standards of teaching and its capacity to raise the aspirations and ambitions of all of its staff and students so that they can enjoy rewarding and successful futures
- Gaining rewarding and relevant pastoral experience
- Immediate start
- Close to transport links
Personal Progress Tutor – Applicant Requirements:
- Minimum 2:1 degree in any subject
- Previous experience working with young people in schools setting
- Previous experience supporting students with safeguarding and mental health
- Having a good understanding of SEMH needs
- Passionate about supporting academic success as well as the physical and emotional welfare of young people
To apply for this exciting role as a Personal Progress Tutor in Birmingham, press the ‘Apply’ button or send your CV to Holly at i-teachers!