Secondary Cover Supervisor
|Location:||London (North), Watford WD3 UK|
|Salary||£425 to £475 per Week|
Secondary Cover Supervisor
This high-achieving school in Hertfordshire is looking for a Secondary Cover Supervisor to provide cover for absent colleagues across the curriculum. Interviews are taking place immediately – register your interest now!
Are you looking to gain vital classroom experience before embarking on teacher training?
Perhaps you’ve been a teaching assistant and are looking for the next step up?
Maybe you’re looking for a role that allows you to work across the curriculum?
If you answered yes to the above, then this Secondary Cover Supervisor position may be the ideal stepping stone to a rewarding career in education. The school takes pride in their students being curious learners and working closely with the local community. With modern facilities, this really is the perfect environment for both staff and students. Many Secondary Cover Supervisors go on to their teacher training within the school. Don’t miss out!
Secondary Cover Supervisor – key information
- Secondary Cover Supervisor – Rickmansworth
- Based in Rickmansworth, WD3
- Full-time Monday-Friday during term time
- Easily accessible by road and good public transport links
- £85 – £95 per day, paid weekly
- September 2022 start date
Secondary Cover Supervisor – the role
- Secondary Cover Supervisor
- Work alongside a team of other Secondary Cover Supervisors
- Follow lesson plans from absent colleagues
- Support extra-curricular activities
- Support the SLT in arranging the lesson and duty cover to ensure the effective day-to-day running of the school
- Commitment to ensuring pupils reach and exceed their potential
- Provide administrative or education support when not covering lessons
- Provide regular feedback to pupils and returning colleagues
- September 2022 start date – shortlisting now!
Secondary Cover Supervisor– person specification
- Strong degree in any discipline
- Excellent academic background
- Outgoing personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Classroom management skills
- Mentoring experience desirable
- Right to work in the UK is essential
At i-teachers, we also offer our tailored ‘Step into Teaching’ programme which equips our graduates with support, training and confidence throughout their journey with us. This role is for one academic year initially, which enables you to make as much impact as possible! A Secondary Cover Supervisor role would be the perfect opportunity to gain vital experience ahead of a rewarding career in education. In return, this school would offer you the chance to learn for experienced professionals and thrive in an environment with high expectations.
We have a strong commitment to providing the best possible experience for our graduates, we also offer free CPD courses whilst in the role. There are a range of options to choose from which will enhance your Secondary Cover Supervisor role! You could choose to learn about autism or more about behaviour management for example.
If you’ve been reading this and can’t wait to know more, then click ‘apply now’ to register your interest and send your CV across to Michaela. Here’s to the start of your new chapter as a Secondary Cover Supervisor in a supportive environment!