Meet Chloe! Chloe is our Education Recruitment Consultant for the East London desk.
“I am from North Wales and moved to Manchester in 2017 for university. I studied English and American Literature followed by Publishing – where I specified in children’s books and education. I also have experience tutoring both maths and English up to GCSE level and really enjoyed my time in this role.”
“I have a lot of family members and loved ones who teach. Having always admired teachers, I naturally have a real love for education. I chose to work at i-teachers because of their approach to educational recruitment, feeling their ambition to improve the industry aligned with my own morals.”
“I love to meet new people, so this combined with a love of education made this recruitment role at i-teachers an easy choice for me! I am also a bit of a perfectionist at heart, and I am dedicated to placing the best candidates in roles that really suit them.”
“In my spare time, I enjoy reading and traveling – my favourite book is Frankenstein and my favourite travel destination I have visited is Florence, Italy.”
Chloe’s top tips on how to make your CV stand out
Are you a graduate looking for a role in teaching or education? If so, you may be wondering how to make your CV really stand out. As a graduate, job finding can be a daunting task and it can be hard to know where to start. Having a solid CV which stands out from the rest is key to making you stand out to employers and give you the best chance at having your CV considered by an employer.
We asked Chloe to provide us with some top tips on how to make your graduate CV stand out when applying to teaching/education roles!
Allow your individuality to shine through!
With such high volume of applicants, a key concern I have found amongst the graduates I have worked with has been how to make your CV stand out. In my experience, allowing your individuality to shine through is vital! There may be another applicant with the same academic background as you, but nobody the same as you! Let your personality shine through in your CV. Here are a few ways to do this:
- Write about where your desire to get into teaching has come from! Your reason may be unique compared to other applicants and this could make you appeal to the employer.
- Go into detail about any relevant experience that you may have to the role. Schools are looking for passionate people who would be a benefit to their staff and pupils and want to hear all about how you would be a good fit for the role!
- Talk about what you do in your spare time – come across interesting to your potential employer. Make yourself shine through by expressing your personality and interests – especially if they are relevant to the role!
Give yourself credit where credit is due
If you have worked in a role previously with particularly demanding aspects – show this off! Giving credit where it’s due is key to making your CV stand out. Bullet point your key areas of responsibility to make it digestible and easy for schools to see exactly where your strengths lie. All skills are transferable skills too so don’t miss off any employments which you don’t think are relevant – a school might!
How can i-teachers support you in finding your new role?
Here at i-teachers, we are an education recruitment consultancy focusing on providing long term and permanent jobs in Primary, Secondary and SEN schools across the UK.
So, how can i-teachers help you to find a teaching job?
- Our friendly and experienced education consultants are dedicated to perfectly matching our candidates to schools suited to their skills set and personal goals.
- We work with NQTs and experienced teachers across the UK, as well as graduates looking for teaching assistant roles prior to teacher training.
- For our job seekers we provide an approachable, responsible and easy to work with team of professionals, all driving towards finding the perfect role and ideal solution for the future
What makes i-teachers unique?
- Caring and experienced team of education consultants (check out our 5* TrustPilot reviews to see for yourself!).
- We won’t rest until we have found you the perfect role in the ideal school.
- We are education experts, and offer industry leading, specialist advice.
- We work nationally, so we are ideal if you want to relocate.
- Our consultants are with you every step of the way, helping you to make the best decisions for your career before, during and after your placement.