History Teaching Assistant
|Location:||Buckinghamshire, South East England SL8 UK|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Salary||£18000 to £25000 per Annum|
Are you close to graduating with a 1st or 2:1 in History and aspire to become a teacher?
Would you relish the opportunity to gain some in-class experience for an academic year before going onto teacher training?
Start September at this upcoming Bourne End secondary school, gaining invaluable classroom experience, in this superb & rewarding History Teaching Assistant role!
This highly popular school offers a route towards teacher training and is known for its reputation for training its graduate teaching assistants to become part of their cohesive team!
The school are looking to arrange online interviews immediately so please do not leave it too late or you will miss out this fantastic opportunity!
History Teaching Assistant – Benefits:
- History Teaching Assistant role
- £18,000 – £25,000 pro rata salary
- Long-term, full-time role
- Ideal experience for aspiring history teachers
- Track record of graduates going onto teacher training
- Interviewing now over Skype / FaceTime or Microsoft Teams
History Teaching Assistant – Role:
- Work alongside students from KS3 – KS5
- Offer group and 1:1 intervention to students
- Focus on your history specialism
- Support other students who have challenging behaviour
- Communicate clearly with students, staff & parents
- Become a valuable member of the humanities team
History Teaching Assistant – Person Specification:
- 1st o 2:1 degree in history or related subject
- Passionate about education
- Strong academic background e.g. A Levels
- Thinking of becoming a teacher
- Wishes to positively impact the humanities department
- Tutoring / education experience would be preferable
The upcoming secondary school & sixth form:
- Thriving secondary school & sixth form
- 800 students
- Visionary Senior Leadership Team
- Fantastic pathway to teacher training routes
- Buckinghamshire location
- Part of an established academy trust
Click ‘apply now’ and send your CV to Joe at i-teachers today to apply for this History Teaching Assistant role.